About Cosmin Costea
Digital Transformation | Business Processes Optimization | Agile | E-Commerce
COSTEAconsulting was founded in 2014 with a clear focus: help teams successfully leverage the opportunities of the new Digital economy.
True to our vision, we are still doing this today. As the world changes and evolves, we help our customers catch-up and then lead their industry through Digital.
Our founder, Cosmin Costea, started the company after a solid 15 years successful management career with strong track record of performance in eCommerce, Digital Marketing & OmniChannel Retail.
His academic background is Computer Engineer with UK Executive MBA from The University of Sheffield.
Now, he is also a lecturer for Digital Transformation and member of the jury at the Sheffield MBA Business strategy module.
His mission is to support teams to increase profitable sales and shareholder value using structured and hands-on: Digital Transformation, Business Processes Improvement, Agile and eCommerce consultancy & training. Cosmin is frequently quoted by publications such as the Wall-Street journal in Romania and a sough-after speaker at events in the areas of eCommerce, OmniChannel, Digital Transformation and Marketing Strategy.
Prior to founding COSTEAconsulting, Cosmin was part of Deloitte Digital.
Before that, he was working for SAP and METRO.
His unique expertise is secured by direct experience in leading digital projects from all 4 perspectives:
1. Digital Consultant
- Strategy and Business Development of Deloitte Digital in Central Europe with a focus on: Digital Transformation, OmniChannel & eCommerce consulting plus software implementation.
- Hands-on support for HEINEKEN to develop the very successful business strategy of B2B online sales to retail and HORECA.
- Complex digital transformation project for IKEA to define, plan and implement digital initiatives in SEE.
- Define and support the implementation of the Digital Transformation Program of SYNEVO.
- Digital Maturity Assessment for SOLARTIUM, one of the most innovative healthcare companies.
- Board level Digital training for Signal Iduna, Altex and MediaGalaxy.
2. Software Vendor
- Business development with SAP for the customer facing applications as part of the hybris suite: eCommerce, Sales, Service & Marketing automation.
3. Software implementation
- Software implementation projects for companies like SEA, Electrica and Carrefour in the areas of eCommerce and CRM.
- Guidance and support for implementation companies of SYNEVO on mobile apps, website optimization and eCommerce initiatives.
- Hands on involvement for the development of the HEINEKEN online sales channel.
4. Business manager
- Managed the entire local eCommerce business at METRO, a success story for all of METRO’s online business in Central and Eastern Europe
I enjoyed working with Cosmin a lot because he is 100% reliable, very result oriented and an experienced E-Commerce and retail expert. More than that he is also a nice guy and knows how to create a positive atmosphere.
Cosmin and his Team with passion shared in-dept knowledge and useful experience concerning Operation, IT and E-Marketing processes, as well as valuable and interesting Customers’ analyzes. I recommend Cosmin as very experienced Leader
Cosmin is forward thinking, easy to work with and very knowledgable when it comes to e-commerce and strategy development. He is an inspiring team player and a strong e-commerce expert who would be a highly valuable addition to any team.
I've worked with Cosmin on an international project, that involved both a heavy technical and business component. Cosmin was able to handle both aspects very well and I've enjoyed working with him in the process.
Maarten van der Beek
Cosmin has got a very profound knowledge of eCommerce and eMarketing. He is also well informed about the last developments in those areas. And last but not least Cosmin has got a very structural way of working and thinking.
I had the pleasure to work with Cosmin and the senior team at Metro in 2011. He has all the leadership qualities and skills in line with his posittion. He's s great professional and inspirational manager with a genuine concern for people and results.
Strategy Director for Central Europe
Lead the Strategy and Business Development of Deloitte Digital in Central Europe: Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Slovenia and Croatia.
Romania was selected to be the pilot for the expansion of the business to E-Commerce; I was selected to lead the project and manage the entire local METRO Hybris E-commerce business.
Business Development, Pre-sales, Sales, Digital business blueprint and implementation support of SAP Hybris platforms for E-commerce, Marketing, Cloud for Sales, Cloud for Service.
Council Member, GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group)
Business consultant for: E-commerce, OmniChannel retail, Digital Transformation.
The University of Sheffield
Degree Executive MBA
2012 – 2014
Chartered Management Institute
Field Of StudyLevel 7 in Strategic Management and Leadership London
2012 – 2014
Universitatea „Politehnica” din București
Bachelor of Science (5 years) Field Of StudyComputer Science